Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just say NO!

If you've been following my column in the Cleveland Daily Banner, you know that I spend a majority of my time talking about my family. But I have other interests too and I want to use today's blog to highlight those interests, they are . . . let me think . . . there has to be something . . . I don't know, I guess family is pretty much it. Seriously though, if you're like me (which for your sake, I hope you are not), you are so busy with "family obligations" (doesn't it sound horrible to call them "obligations"?). We have very little time for other hobbies like politics, biking, fantasy football, or curling (I occasionally participate in all of these things, except curling, but I if I had the time and place I might - it looks fun sliding down the ice throwing big rocks at each other, but I digress). So how do we make time? The reality is, most of us overextend our families. We take on too much. We participate in too many activities. We schedule our day too full. Ultimately, we don't give any of them a quality effort, we just do what we can do to get by. So, I am starting a revolution, a revolution centered on the word "NO". Say it with me, NO! Louder! Yes, we are saying No! No to more soccer games. No to more birthday parties. No to more church committees (forgive me Lord). No to anything that adds strain and stress to our life. So from this point forward, when someone asks me to update my blog or write another column I will firmly say . . . I'll get right on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment